Us

Us

Thursday, September 19, 2013

too much

I tell ya.  Sometimes....it's just too much.  Life.  It's just hard sometimes.

Ugh.

Well, as I mentioned in the previous post....Lucy's right ear is infected again.  I took her to have the infection cultured a couple of days ago and we hope to know the results soon...but it will probably be early next week before we know anything.

Basically here's the lowdown:  if the infection comes back with the same big, ugly infection as it had last time...we will (most likely) remove the implant and allow her body to heal, get rid of the infection and just rest.  She will not have a right ear....just a little wad of skin.  We could try for a right ear again....a year or so down the road.  They would have to start all over...from the beginning.  I'm not sure if I could do that or not.....we are just praying for guidance at this point.  We could certainly use your prayers for discernment.

If the infection comes back as a more normal, not so big-and-bad infection, then we will treat with antibiotics and pray it heals. 

Needless to say, this is not the outcome we had hoped and prayed for.  We've spent many a sleepless night, wondering, praying, asking why?  But God didn't say we would always understand...just to trust and have faith.  Let me tell you....sometimes that's harder than it sounds! 

I'll update you as I learn more....

Also, my baby boy kitty is very sick.  Very sick.  This is so heartbreaking for me.  He is my first baby...so if you are one of those "pet" people...please say a little prayer for him as well!

Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment