Us

Us

Friday, February 13, 2015

truly paper pregnant

I tell you...this thing called adoption is truly a paper pregnancy!  Just this week I took our dossier to the UPS store for overnight shipping to Washington, DC (the next step in the process) and I wanted to jump into that thin cardboard envelope and ride along with it. 

I tried to explain to the ever-so-young-new-at-the-job-still-in-training fella that I felt like that was my child in that envelope.  He tried size after size after size of envelopes....while I appreciated his efforts to save me money on shipping....um, young fella....some of my documents are in the first envelope you tried.......(small heart attack)...so when it was all said and done...I had rechecked all the contents of the package....and that sucker was sealed and SHIPPED!!

I am happy to report that our dossier is indeed in Washington, DC...currently touring the "State Department". 

After the official paperwork is completed there....it heads over to the Chinese Embassy.  Then that booger is shipped back to me!  I make several copies...then send to our adoption agency...they translate it into Chinese and then it goes TO CHINA!!!

I can't wait to hear those words....."Dossier to China"!!!  DTC!!!

Then we wait for China to give us a LID (log in date) and wait for LOA (letter of acceptance) for Hope's adoption file!

Shew!  Hurry up!  This baby needs to get home!  She needs help!!! 

We are so grateful to all of you that have told us you are praying for Hope daily!  It means the world to us!

Cause let you tell you.....when God puts a child on your heart....and you KNOW that you are to help this child....give her a home, family, love, care....and knowing what her medical needs are....you want that child to have the medical care and attention she needs NOW!!!

I'll keep you posted as we progress! 

By the way....some fun will be happening here next week..........

No comments:

Post a Comment