Us

Us

Friday, April 10, 2015

a new term

Have you seen the movie..."Mom's Night Out"?  It's too funny!  Very cute movie....and it's clean!  My whole family was able to watch and enjoy it!  Gotta love that!

There is a scene in the movie where the momma is quite overwhelmed with the destruction of her home due to her young children.  Her husband comes home from work to find her watching tv in her closet.....hiding from the world.  She can't move.  She uses the term "stress paralyzed". 

Well, yep.  I'm there. 

There is so much to be done.  So much I haven't purchased.  Paperwork yet to be completed.  Lists to make.  Funds still needed.  And I could go on and on.

Am I beyond thrilled that Hope is about to come home?  Yes mam!

Do I wish she was already here?  Yes mam!

Am I already crazy in love with this child?  Yes mam!

Am I stress paralyzed by it all?  Yes mam!

So what do I do?  I sit.  I stare at the computer.  I refresh my email.  I sit.  Overwhelmed by it all. 

Have I been here before?  You betcha.

Will I snap out of it?  You better believe it.  But right now.  Honestly?  Yep.  I sit.

Stress paralyzed. 

Just wanted to be honest. 




2 comments:

  1. I remember being at that point waiting for Mia. Checking my e-mail, and checking, and checking, checking, checking... It did pass, but I feel like I've never been the same since. Maybe a bit ADD now. One day (maybe 3 or 4 years after we got her home) I took all of those e-mails and DELETED them! What a great feeling, and a very therapeutic! I'm praying for you that this will pass soon, and you'll have your baby home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. It is a crazy season of waiting, busyness, trying to be present with my children now with part of my heart already in China with our little one! The days are ticking by and SOON this part of the craziness will be a distant memory and we will look at our newest additions and say, "WORTH IT!" :) Hang in there, and know you are not alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete