Us

Us

Monday, June 18, 2012

Update....well, sort of

I talked with the surgeon's office today.  They are still playing phone tag with the insurance company.  We are hoping to know tomorrow exactly what the insurance company will pay for the first surgery.  The microtia only surgery.  This is the one that will be $35,000 with the $10,000 deposit. 

We have learned that the second surgery.  The CAM (inner and outer ear) surgery will be approximately $60,000.  All due up front. 

The first surgery has to be paid in full before the second surgery can happen.  I totally understand that!

So we need to raise big funds.  Semi-quickly.  Her first surgery is scheduled for September 27th.  However, if we don't have the money we will cancel until we DO have the money.  Ah, I just hate that money is such a factor.  My baby girl needs ears and she needs her hearing!!!

It seems so impossible at times.  I find myself getting overwhelmed.  And yet, this is NOTHING for God.  With Him all things are possible!  I know He's got this!

Here are a few fun facts I toyed with the other day.....let me just say....I like numbers.  I should have been an accountant!  I love to budget, pay bills, plan, pay off, etc!

500 people donating (or raising for Lucy) $200....both surgeries paid for.
400 people donating (or raising for Lucy) $250....both surgeries paid for.
200 people donating (or raising for Lucy) $500....both surgeries paid for.

It seems so do-able. 

My bible study group is praying everyday at noon for Lucy, surgery and finances.  Please join us in praying for God to blow us away with His goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment