Us

Us

Monday, August 19, 2013

and....(this post is from Sunday)

We're back in LA.  We had probably one of the best flights I've ever been on!  So grateful for all the prayers!

We are settling into our hotel and will be heading to bed.....um, very soon! 

Lucy has her pre-op apt with Dr. Reinisch tomorrow afternoon.  I am SO ready for them to look at that ear in person! 

So, please, keep those prayers coming!

NOW, let me tell you about Lucy's newest friends!  We met a couple of awesome guys today at the Phoenix airport! 

First was Randy Sklar....you might know him from the movie "Wild Hogs"...Randy and his twin brother plays in that movie.  They also had a role in Grey's Anatomy a couple of seasons ago....and I just recently saw them in a commercial...these guys are everywhere!  Such an awesome guy!

Well, here's Randy!  First a stock photo of him with his brother....and then one with Randy and Lucy!



And sitting near Randy was this talented young man....Jon Jones. 

Jon is the current Light Heavyweight Champion of the UFC.....He was so awesome!  He was so kind to let me chat him up for info to pass along to Adam!  (I do believe Adam was a bit jealous that I got to meet both of these guys today!)  But make sure you google Jon Jones!  Very impressive young man...I've become a fan! 

I'm even gonna watch his next fight.....it will probably freak me out...but I'm gonna watch!  It's coming up September 21st.....UFC 165....



Jon lives in New York with his precious family.....he has 4 little girls and 13 dogs! 

He was very interested in my Lucy!  He was so sweet in asking about Lucy and her medical needs....he even offered to spread the word about Lucy via his Twitter account....how amazing!!

Love that boy!!!  Also, found out his 2 brothers are NFL players!  Chandler Jones for the Patriots, and Arthur Jones for the Ravens!!!  Woo whoo!  I'm already a Ravens fan....just maybe a little bit more now! 

So I would say our first day was a big success!!!  Praising God for His many blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment