Us

Us

Monday, May 5, 2014

one at a time

It's been a while....and I have lots of updates.....lots of things happening in this house! 

So, one at a time.  Don't want to overwhelm you!

First of all, Lucy.  If you have read the blog recently, you know that we made the trip to Chicago to meet with Dr. Reinisch regarding Lucy's left ear.  The news was what we were expecting.  For whatever reason, Lucy's left ear implant is exposed.  Again. 

We have no idea why this has happened and neither does Dr. R.  He's never had a patient like my Lucy.  What can I say?  My girl is one of a kind! 

We won't be going back to California for the removal...we will have it done locally...which is a blessing.  No travel expenses, no making arrangements for 3 other kiddos, no inconveniencing neighbors!  You get the picture.

What this means is that they will remove the plastic implant (it's what gives shape to her ear) and allow the tissue and skin to heal completely.  It will basically shrink up to her head..should be like a little wad of tissue on the side of her precious little head. 

The surgeon would like to give Lucy a couple of years:  allow her body to heal, allow her body to grow and then give it another shot.  We aren't sure at this point what we will do.  Right now....leaning towards nothing.  We will pray and seek God for that decision when the time comes....until then she will be free from surgeries, bandages, etc.....

Needless to say, this is not where we ever thought we would end up on this journey that we started almost 2 years ago.  I am heart broken for her....and yet I know God has a plan.  He has a plan for my Lucy....His ways are righter than my ways....His thoughts are higher than I thoughts.....so I will continue to pray and ask for understanding and guidance. 

We would truly appreciate every single prayer as we yet again jump another hurdle on this journey.

My baby is perfect with or without ears.  She is my sunshine. 

I love her with all my heart.....I can only imagine how much my Father in Heaven loves her!  He's got her in the palm of His hand! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through this :( Praying for you and your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete