Us

Us

Friday, December 21, 2012

Home and a few answers

First of all let me say (once again) we are HOME!!!  I'll be honest...I'm sick of traveling! 

We had a great trip!  The people were precious and Virginia is BEAUTIFUL!!!  (yes, I'd move there!)

We arrived safely and settled in.  The next morning was an early breakfast since Lucy couldn't eat anything after 8am.  So we ate and then ventured out to stay busy until test time!

We found the hospital with no problems and even arrived a little bit early!  I'd much rather be early than late!  We found out where we needed to be and then waited.  The imaging department was running a little behind but we didn't mind!  We were in VA getting Lucy's much anticipated MRI!!!

They allowed me to go back with Lucy and hold her while they administered the "gas".....it was precious and sad.  Ugh.  My precious girl!

I was excused after she went to sleep and waited the l o n g hour until the test was over and she was waking up!  Can I just say what amazing people they have there at UVA Medical Center!  Oh!!  I love me some Esther and Doug!!!

So shortly after she woke up - we were out of there!  We headed back to the hotel and ordered in pizza!  Lucy was back to her normal self within an hour I'd say......(Lucy had noodles...not pizza)

So this morning it was early to rise and we were gone!  Checked out of the wonderful hotel we stayed in and headed to the doctor's office!!  We were so excited to finally know what was going on in Lucy's little head! 

We met with Dr. Kesser....love that man!  He went over every detail of her CT scans and MRI...making sure we understood what he was showing us and answering questions along the way. 

He feels quite confident that there is no Cholesteatoma on Lucy's left side.  Done.

He feels pretty confident that there is no Cholesteatoma on her right side.  But wants to confer with the neuroradiologist to make sure that they both "see" the same thing!  Since it's Christmas time and people are spending time with their families....it will be a couple of weeks before we get the final word.  That's ok.  We've waited this long and all the tests are complete!  We can hang out a little bit longer!  Plus it's Christmas time at the Farley house as well....and I just want to enjoy my kids!!!

Here's what I DO know!  If Lucy does have Cholesteatoma, Dr. Kesser WILL operate!!  Praising God!!!  Dr. Kesser is IN our network and accepts our insurance!!  That is HUGE!!  God certainly blessed us with that one!!!  Woo whoo!!!  (the other doctor does not accept insurance of any kind and he is in California....would have to have $20,000 for surgery PLUS expenses!)  So, see???  Praising God!!!  And did I mention it's a beautiful 7 hour drive to VA??? 

I really hope and pray that Lucy does NOT have Cholesteatoma and does not need an additional surgery!  But if she does....wow!  Wonderful doctor, in our insurance network, semi-close to home, shew!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!

So, we wait.  But relieved on so many levels. 

So "what if" you ask?  Well, I'll tell you.

If she does have Cholesteatoma, surgery will probably be in the spring and then her right ear surgery in the fall.

If she does NOT have Cholesteatoma, probably looking at her right ear surgery in the early summer!  Woo whoo!!!

Another thing we know is that Lucy will never have natural hearing out of either of her ears.  Her internal ear/head anatomy does not allow for safe ear canal reconstruction.  The important word here is safe.  The doctor says the chances of surgery resulting in natural hearing are slim and the risks are high.  So we remain thankful that Lucy is able to hear with a BAHA!  Again, God is so good! 

Thank you all for your prayers and love for our Lucy!!! 

We are so blessed and so grateful!

I think that about covers it!  Thanks for caring about Lucy enough to read all my nonsense! 

And now I believe I will go enjoy Christmas with my kiddos!!! 

Much love from The Farley household!

No comments:

Post a Comment