Us

Us

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

the lowdown...

Shew!  I finally got the lowdown on our insurance benefits coverage!

I truly hope I can explain it properly on here!  Just think...if we were able to talk in person...I could ramble on and on and you still probably wouldn't get the jest of what I was trying to say!  So, you will just have to imagine my rambling through this post!!!  Aw, now I know you'd much rather be able to hear my lovely voice drone on....but this will have to do for now!

This is estimated since they won't know for sure until the doctor is operating and doing his thang...to see exactly what he will need to do on Lucy. 

With the surgeon's fee, hospital expenses, anesthesiologist, etc. our maximum out of pocket should be $22,750.  Now, let me just say that's a tough pill to swallow.  HOWEVER, it could have been in excess of $45,000 to $50,000.  So, I'm almost thrilled with $22,750!!!  (again, this is all yet to be finalized...until surgery is completed and insurance is billed.)

We do KNOW that we have to have $11,000 deposit by the beginning of September and let's not forget travel expenses!  Woo whoo! 

This surgery has to be paid in full before we can even speculate at the CAM surgery.  And let's not forget that that surgery has to be paid up front.  (gulp)  So, let's just focus on this first surgery for now.  I can only handle one at a time!

To recap:  $22,750 + travel expenses = $25,000 needed. 

Please please please join us in praying for God to provide for all of Lucy's needs.  This is the only way that we can make this happen for her.  With God, Through God and Only God!

Please spread the word!  We will be doing some major fundraising!  We need all the help and prayers we can get!! 

1 comment:

  1. Did you speak to the surgeon in Louisville?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete