Us

Us

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The ear...........


The morning of the big reveal....hanging with Aunt DeDe!


Waiting our turn at the doctor's office!


Just minutes away from the removal of the mold!



Precious Francesca removing the stitches!  Lucy did amazingly well!!!









 
Ta da!!!  There was an ear under there!!!  It's beautiful! 

 

Just after the mold was removed!  Not washed or anything....2 weeks ago today they were making this ear!!!  Simply amazing!!!


Checking out her stitches!


Removing the scalp pad.....eeewww..


Just about ready for a good head and hair washing!






A little spa attention!


She wasn't too sure about this head dangling over into the sink! 











Shew!  It feels good to get clean!











Washing her new ear!!!


The guaze is covering the graft site on the back of her head.....a little too oooeeeyyy for the blog. 


Dr. Reinisch checking on the other graft site....hip area.  All looks great!  Dr. R seemed very pleased with Lucy's progress!  And so are we!


Sigh.  All done!  (well, sort of)


Gotta get a picture of the new ear! 


Amazing!  Two weeks post surgery and the ear already looks great!  It will continue to heal...swelling will go down, coloring will merge....


Ms. Francesca showing Mommy how to make a mold.  Lucy will wear the mold at night for 4 months.  This will help protect the ear while she sleeps! 


Playing with Dr. Reinisch!  I love that man!


Lucy is my hero!  That child did great!  Lucy will wear this cup on her ear for a week and then after that only the mold at night for 4 months! 

Thank you for all the prayers!  Please keep them coming!  We are so blessed by so many!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Wish I were there with you guys. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh....I love you guys. That's the best ear I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - it looks amazing! She is my hero, too. I know I would have not done that well if it had been me! I can't wait to watch it as it continues to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL EAR !!!! She seemed to not be scared at all, very calm !
    I've enjoyed keeping up with this journey to get her ear ! Thankful this surgery is behind her.
    Love,
    Auntie Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I've ever commented here before or not...my little boy who is almost 3 (born in South Korea) has bilateral microtia and we just skyped with Dr. Reinisch last weekend to learn more about Medpor. I have been following your blog for a while now and seeing her new ear literally took my breath away! It is really amazing! She seems to be doing so well and that is so good to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her ear is beautiful! I can't wait to see it when the swelling goes down. Gives me hope for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful that God placed her into your family "for such a time as this." He knew exactly what she needed and that YOU would be the parents that could provide it for her. I'll never, ever get tired of hearing miraculous stories about forever families!

    Yeah Lucy!!!

    ReplyDelete