Us

Us

Friday, May 10, 2013

holding out

The truth is I've been holding out on you.  Yes, I know.  Me?  That tells everything she knows?  Yep.

But I wanted to let everyone in on the situation.  The more that's praying...the better!

If you remember on Friday April 12th, Keegan had her heart ablation.  Well, the next morning Lucy's left ear implant was exposed again.  Yes.  Again.  Sigh.

To say that I was heartbroken is an understatement.  Truly at a loss.  I pretty much stayed in my own little world for a few days.  I haven't shared this information with very many people, just haven't been ready to.

But the truth is God is still in control!  For whatever reason Lucy is still having issues with her left ear.  We struggled with this information at first but again I had to "let it go and let God". 

If you are wondering, yes, there is a plan.  When Lucy has her right ear surgery they will repair her left ear once again.  This time there will be no "patching" it.  That's not working....they will replace the current MedPor implant with a smaller one.  They will use the issue that is currently covering her ear without requiring any grafts or flaps.  Basically they will replace it with a smaller one and connect the tissue. 

So my girl will have both ears worked on and bandaged up!  So you can see....we need your prayers! 

We will be staying in California for the 2 1/2 week period this time.  No flying back and forth for me.  Been there, done that. 

We will be laying low and doing some major healing!  We will bum around and do some sightseeing when Lucy feels like it!  Again, could use some major prayers! 

Here is her ear from April 13th (the day we discovered the newest exposure)....


You can see the small hole.....just starting to expose the implant.

Here is the exposure today....






Please overlook the little hairs that need to be plucked from Lucy's ear.  I really don't want to mess with it (meaning the ear) so I'll let the doctor decide what to do about the little hairs =)

Again, I share all this to ask for your continued prayers for Lucy, her ear, the family, safety on the trip, perfect healing, and that God provides the remaining money needed to make all this happen! 

We have one fundraiser remaining.  Tomorrow is the Ride for Lucy: It Takes 2.  Please pray that we have an amazing turnout and that God blesses all our efforts with all the remaining funds!!!

Thanks guys.  I truly, truly appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment